PASCV Career Achievement Awards
Each year, PASCV’s awards program provides an array of awards that recognize the contributions made by individuals to the field of clinical virology. These awards are presented during the Clinical Virology Symposium.
Deadline: January 18, 2017
Submit Your Nomination Here.
Nominations must include a:
- Brief recommendation highlighting the nominee's accomplishments making them deserving of the award
- Curriculum vitae
- Be able to attend the Clinical Virology Symposium and present a brief presentation during the award presentation
- Not have been a past recipient of the award
- Be a PASCV member
Ed Nowakowski Senior Memorial Clinical Virology Award
Made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from MBL-Bion International Corporation.
The Clinical Virology Award acknowledges an individual whose contributions to clinical virology have had a major impact on the epidemiology, treatment or understanding of the pathogenesis of viral diseases. The Clinical Virology Award was established in 1993 and has been sponsored each year since then by MBL-Bion International.
Diagnostic Virology Award
Made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from BD Diagnostics.
The Diagnostic Virology Award acknowledges an individual whose contributions to viral diagnosis have had a major impact on the discipline. The Diagnostic Virology Award was established in 1985.
Young Investigator Award
Made possible by an unrestricted educational grant from Roche Diagnostics.
This award is offered to a young investigator who holds a doctoral degree and is under the age of 40 or less than 10 years from completion of the doctoral degree. This award recognizes an individual who has made a significant contribution to the field of clinical or diagnostic virology (either a single paper or a body of research) in the early years of his/her career.
Deadline: February 9, 2017
Submit Your Application Here
Submissions must include:
- Eligibility letter from supervisor. Letter must include the name of the student, fellow, or technologist who is competing for the travel award, and abstract title.
- Copy of abstract submitted to the Clinical Virology Symposium
- Travel Award application form
- Be presenting author of an abstract submitted to the Clinical Virology Symposium
- Be a student, post-doctoral fellow, or technologist
- Not have received the award in the past three years
Special Travel Award for Latin American Residents
This award is offered to trainees or faculty residing in Latin America who submit an abstract showing exceptional research in the field of clinical virology. The award consists of a prize of $2000 and a plaque.
PASCV provides awards to students, postdoctoral fellows and technologists who have abstracts accepted to the Clinical Virology Symposium showing excellence in the field of clinical virology. The award consists of a prize of $750 and a plaque.
For questions, contact Jess Warner at email@example.com. Click HERE for information on past recipients.